March 31, 2020
Dear SISD Families,
Today Governor Greg Abbott held a press conference in which he announced that amid the COVID-19 pandemic, all schools in Texas would extend their closure until at least Monday, May 4. In compliance with this executive order, Smithville ISD will remain closed through Sunday, May 3.
There are a few important assurances we want to provide to our families in light of this new directive.
MEALS – Smithville ISD will continue to offer curbside meals at both in town and rural locations. Meals are available for all children 18 and under in our community. Parents can find the meal sites on the district website at www.smithvilleisd.org (select the Home Learning Page / Curbside Meals).
LEARNING - Smithville ISD will continue to update the SISD Home Learning pages on the district and campus webpages. Links to activities, teacher contact information, and other online resources can be found there.
SAFETY - We encourage all of our families to read and follow Bastrop County Judge Paul Pape’s order that goes into effect at midnight tonight.
• Asks all people to stay home except for essential travel.
• Requires that people sick with COVID-19 symptoms remain at home except for medical care.
• Requires that people who are positive or presumptive positive with COVID-19, along with all the members of their household, self-isolate for a period of 14 days or until released by a doctor.
• Limits social gatherings and other gatherings to no more than 10 people.
• Places mandatory limits on certain products such as toilet paper and hand sanitizer, for example.
As always, we will continue to work keeping the best interest of your children in mind. These changes may present additional challenges for our families. We will continue to do everything possible to serve our students and families in the manner that best protects our SISD family. We remain hopeful that we will see our students in school again before the school year ends.