Below is an update from the School Board Meeting from Monday, June 18, 2018
*These are not the official minutes from the meeting – only a recap.
- Child Nutrition: has served over 1,000 meals as of June 12th. Currently serving at 9 locations around Smithville and Lake Thunderbird. We had a successful kick off at MLK Park last week serving free meals to families and partnering with the city of Smithville with lots of family activities.
- ACE is underway with 50 and 60 students students each day participate in many activities.
- Superintendent Burns was the June Coffee Chat speaker hosted by the Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce at Olde World Bakery. Mrs. Burns shared information to attendees about the district construction project.
- Retirement of Shelly McNulty, Director of the Colorado River Shared Services Arrangement (CRSSA). Mrs. McNulty’s retirement is effective June 30, 2018 and the CRSSA Board hopes to name a replacement as soon as possible.
- TASB Website - The photo taken at the SISD End of Year Breakfast of the Business Partners was shared with TASB and the photo has been placed on the TASB Website.
Construction Update (PBK): surface is ready for turf (intentional delay to keep it clean) bleachers going up and seating ordered
Preliminary STAAR Spring Testing Report - results are available online for parents, information has been mailed home, accountability results for campuses/district is pending
School Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) Annual Report: Sophie Weinheimer presented the Annual SHAC Report to the Board of Trustees. (See attachment)
The SISD Board of Trustees approved the Working Model for the DAEP Mural Created for the "Arts Bridging Communities" Program. The mural is part of a grant from the National Endowment of the Arts (City of Smithville). Community members are encouraged to help paint the mural in the coming months. Information will be shared via district outlets.