Below is an update from the School Board Meeting from Monday, August 28, 2018
*These are not the official minutes from the meeting – only a recap.
- Students from Brown Primary, Smithville Elementary, and Smithville Junior High were recognized for perfect scores on the 2018 End of Year Benchmark and 2018 STAAR test.
- Brown Primary
- Emeline Gutierrez – 2nd Grade EOY Benchmark
- Smithville Elementary
- Alberto Flores – 4th Grade Reading
- Roy Thomas – 5th Grade Math and Science
- Addison Waneck – 5th Grade Reading
- Caylee Hill – 5th Grade Reading
- Smithville Junior High
- Brianna Knight -- 6th Grade Reading
- Kylie Rosborough – 7th Grade Writing
- Smithville Elementary 5th Grade Teachers
- Their hard work helped the campus earn a Distinction Designation on the 2018 STAAR Science test.
- Teachers: Michele Mathis, Ciji Burnham, Crystal Heimann, Crystal Vinklarek, Candice Trench, and Misty Vasquez
- The School Board Trustees unanimously approved the budget for the 2018-2019 school year which includes:
- SISD increased contribution to employee health coverage to $367 a month.
- 3% employee salary increase
- The largest areas of increased in the budget were Instruction and Transportation.
- Instruction includes salaries and supplies.
- Transportation will be purchasing 2 new school buses
- The School Board Trustees unanimously approved the SISD tax rate of $1.43 which is 4 cents higher than the 2017-2018 tax rate. (8 cents lower than the original tax increase projection for the year)
- Package 1 – Site, Stadium, and Concession Building
- A. Construction is ongoing.
- Press box scheduled for September
- Scoreboard scheduled for October
- Package 2 - SJHS
- A. Construction is ongoing
- B. Second of four concrete slab pours took place 08/23/18
- C. First steel delivery scheduled for 08/30/18
- District photo updates available on:
- SISD website at www.smithvilleisd.org → 2016 Bond
- SISD Facebook Page at /SmithvilleISD
- Labor Day weekend (No School Monday, September 3rd)
- Brown Primary Grandparents Day Luncheon (Friday, September 7th)
- District Site Base Meeting (Monday, September 10th)
- September School Board Meeting (Monday, September 17th)
- High School Open House (Monday, September 24th)
- Brown Primary - Pre-K Parent Night (Tuesday, September 25th)