Smithville I.S.D. Mission Statement
The mission of Smithville I.S.D. is to improve the academic performance of students. To achieve this goal the school district will provide effective instructional leadership, responsible fiscal management, and an atmosphere in which all students can develop and mature academically, physically, emotionally, and socially.
Smithville I.S.D. Vision Statement
Smithville Independent School District serves the community by equipping all students with the quality of education that prepares them to be successful in a changing society.
*Adopted by the Smithville I.S.D Board of Trustees, November 17, 2014
Smithville Independent School
- The district will meet and exceed state academic accountability standards.
2. The district will provide opportunities for professional development of staff.
3. The district will maintain student attendance above the state average.
4. The district will provide a rigorous, relevant and aligned curriculum.
5. The district will maintain a safe and positive environment for students and staff.
6. The district will develop and maintain a strategic fiscal plan.
7. The district will increase teacher’s retention.
8. The district will collaborate with parents and community members as partners
9. The district will incorporate relevant 21st century technology to support the
delivery of quality instruction into every classroom.
*Goals adopted by the Smithville I.S.D. Board of Trustees, January 27, 2014