Smithville ISD’s goal is to keep our school district family informed and updated on the most current information that is available on COVID-19. This page will be kept up to date with the latest news and information regarding any impact COVID-19 may have on Smithville ISD school operations. We will also include resources and frequently asked questions.
Health officials are recommending the best ways to protect yourself against COVID-19 are the same measures taken to prevent the spread of everyday illnesses like the common cold or the flu:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds.
• If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Cover your cough. Cough and sneeze into a tissue then throw it away, or cough and sneeze into your upper shirt sleeve, completely covering your mouth and nose.
• Wash your hands after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
• Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as toys and doorknobs.
• Stay at home while you are sick.
• Call and inform the Campus Nurse or Nurse’s Assistant of any confirmed virus diagnosis.
Updated information from the CDC on the coronavirus can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
The most recent information about coronavirus in Texas may be found at https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
Smithville ISD will continue to follow the recommendations of the Bastrop County Office of Emergency Management
, the Texas Department of State Health Services
, the Texas Education Agency
, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention