Updated Online Learning Resources
are located on the right-side toolbar or by clicking the links below.
Brown Primary School
Smithville Elementary School
Smithville Junior High School
Smithville High School
Smithville ISD Operations COVID-19 Plan
Safety & Security Operations
During COVID-19 School Closure
In Smithville ISD the health and safety of our students and staff is of utmost importance. To that end, the following procedural safeguards are being put in place until further notice. The safeguards follow guidelines established by health authorities at the state & federal level.
- Instruction of students will be home-based until further notice. Resources to support instruction will be developed by SISD staff and communicated to parents via web, phone and digital communication.
- All extracurricular school activities are suspended until further notice.
- All district sponsored travel, both for students and staff, is suspended until further notice.
- Student meals will be provided through pick-up service from two Smithville ISD locations. Information regarding this operation will be distributed to the Smithville ISD community via web, phone and digital communication.
- Only mission critical personnel will be onsite during the school day. All other personnel will work from home as directed by their supervisor.
- School buildings will not be accessible to students, or parents, during this time except as determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Anyone entering a district facility will be subject to having their temperature checked before access is granted. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will be denied access and directed to return home.
- No more than 10 people will be given access to any district facility at one time. This number will be strictly enforced.
- Wash hands frequently using soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Cover your cough and sneeze into your elbow at all times.
- Always maintain a 6’ distance between people.
- Masks will be worn in district buildings when more than 1 person is present.
- All school facilities received a deep cleaning during spring break.
- GermBlast provided extra sanitation services to all campuses during spring break.
- All district facilities will continue to receive cleaning and disinfecting services provided by the district’s contracted service provider.
In order to protect the health and safety of all students and staff in Smithville ISD every effort will be made to adhere to the above procedural standards until such time as they need to be amended, or suspended. Smithville ISD will continue to work with the Bastrop County Office of Emergency Management, the Texas Department of Health, the Texas Education Agency and other applicable agencies to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus and keep people safe and healthy.