Smithville ISD Rules of Engagement
The Smithville ISD Facebook Page is provided for the district community by the Smithville ISD Communications Department. We will update this page as often as possible to share as much as we can about Smithville ISD and the achievements of the students and staff as well as other relevant district community information.
All posting of comments on this page are at the discretion of the page administrators. The intent of these guidelines is not to keep any negative or critical information from being posted, but to protect the privacy and rights of Smithville ISD staff and students.
Naming specific employees or students in a negative way will not be allowed. The page administrators will review postings to make sure they adhere to the rules and the district’s Acceptable Use Guidelines regarding Internet access and practices. We will not be able to respond to every post.
We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say.
However, we will remove postings that:
- Do not pertain to the topic of a specific posting made by the page administrator.
- Break the law or encourage others to do so. This includes respecting copyright and fair use laws. If you are talking about someone else’s work, reference this or the person.
- Contain abusive or inappropriate language or statements. This includes remarks that are racist, homophobic and sexist as well as those that contain obscenities or are sexually explicit.
- Easily identify students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive, or generally negative terms.
- Do not show proper consideration for others’ privacy or are considered likely to offend or provoke others
- Promote or advertise a service or product.
- Contain photographs or links to photographs. Only the site administrators are allowed to post photos to this page.
- Contain political information, positive or negative, including information regarding Board of Trustees elections.
The page administrators reserve the right to not post or remove any comments at any time for any reason. Those individuals who violate the comments policy face becoming permanently banned from participation on this page. The terms of usage may be updated at any time without prior notice. Comments are solely the opinions of the users who post them. The district takes no responsibility for misinformation included in user comments.
As a public entity, Smithville ISD cannot use public resources for political campaigning. Any comments by SISD employees that violate election and ethics laws will be promptly removed.
If a photo is submitted to us for posting, the page administrators will assume permission for the photo to be posted. If we have a question or concern, we will respond to your email or not post the photo.
If you have a comment or would like to report an inappropriate comment for us to review, send an email to [email protected]
Please note, you can also receive e-mail and phone text messages of our updates as they are posted through the settings of your personal Facebook account.
Thank you for visiting and/or liking Smithville ISD.